Speeches Robert McKinley gave or chairmanships at the following events:
1. Speaker, Society of American Business Editors and Writers Annual Conference, Chicago, IL (1996) – Invited by Chuck Jaffe (then writer for Boston Globe) to give speech following Vanguard’s CEO John Bogle.
2. Chairman, WRG Internet Strategies Conference Washington, DC (1998)
VIEW CONFERENCE PROGRAM
3. Speaker, Thomson Media Credit Card Forum Atlanta, GA (1996) following a groundbreaking speech by American Express CEO Henry Golub announcing the American Express entry into credit card lending.
VIEW SPEECH CASSETTE
3. Speaker, Credit Card Management Conference, Miami, FL (2004)
4. Speaker, Foreward Financial web-lending.net Conference, Orlando, FL (2000)
Besides Speeches Robert McKinley gave he also Reports, Analyzes, Writes, and Edits Content for the Following Online Publications or Services:
Bankcenter (payment-related news releases for executives & consumers)
CardBuzz (published payment-related news for executives & consumers)
CardFlash (payments news for executives)
CardData (quarterly payment data for executives)
CardTrak (payments news for consumers)
PYRPTS (global payment reports)
PYVNTS (global payment events)
The RAM Reports (annual payment reports for executives)
RAM Research (consulting, research, analysis)
Ruebud Media (network of payment-related services)
Robert McKinley (about)
Robert McKinley (biography)
In Robert McKinley’s unconventional 34-year payments career he had the privilege of reshaping national banking products, modifying proposed national legislation, testifying in global watershed litigation, and maintaining a close, trusted relationship with the news media at all levels.
During the retirement period of 2009-2019, Mr. McKinley became involved in a number of non-profit organizations, including SCORE, an arm of the U.S. Small Business Administration. He also conducted several investment research projects on the sub-prime credit card industry, third-party e-commerce platforms, ridesharing networks (pre-IPO), legacy product pricing litigation research, and regulatory barriers for legal cannabis payments.
At the encouragement of many colleagues from Florida, New York, California and Maryland during 2018, Mr. McKinley closely surveyed the payments landscape and social media, deciding to end his retirement.